Through a significant in-depth knowledge of business analysis skills and techniques; knowledge and use of technology and applications and in-depth business knowledge, the Senior BA will:
Accountability: Feasibility Analysis
· Author Business Cases and feasibility studies in partnership with Sponsors to justify (or not) the investment for a business initiative
· Identify opportunities to improve current business processes
· Provide consultancy and advice on functionality, applicability and usability of technology solutions to project requirements
· Recognise and manage business trade-offs, conflicts and market pressures.
Accountability: Detailed Business Analysis & Design
· Assists project leadership in identifying potential project plan variances
· Writes requirement specifications and develops business process and data models that define the business need.
· Consult with business stakeholders on business needs, issues and concerns.
· Creates and/or reviews manuals, procedure and related user documentation – ensure documentation is targeted to the appropriate audience.
· Lead Requirements planning activities and monitor and manage requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
· Oversee the collaboration between business analysis team members and project IT team members during conceptual design phase and requirements documentation
· Partner with Architects to ensure business representation during vendor selection process and interfaces with vendors to understand whether vendor products meet business requirements.
· Trains clients and/or supports clients on use of the new system
Accountability: People and Practice Development
· Act as Lead Business Analyst on any size project, directing and coordinating Business Analysis team members and activities related to requirements gathering and documentation
· Act as a champion to changes within the business analysis profession and to motivate business analysts in continuous development
· Monitor industry activities and identify and recommend potential solutions and opportunities
· Provide coaching and mentoring to other business analysts
Accountability: Stakeholder Management
· Help business stakeholders identify and clarify their goals and IT requirements by conducting meetings/interviews and facilitating brainstorming and JAD sessions across large group and/or cross-functional groups.
· Facilitate communications between business and IT.
· Manage the Communication Plan for project and stakeholders during project phases
· Represent the Sponsor in all phases of projects