The PRINCE2® Practitioner course is a five day course which is very intensive and highly participative and is accredited by APMG and presented by a PRINCE2® approved trainer. This level is aiming to measure whether a candidate would be able to apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. To this end they need to exhibit the competence required for the Foundation qualification, and show that they can apply and tune PRINCE2® to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario.
- The pre-course reading is sent to delegates four weeks before the commencement of each course.
- It is strongly recommended that at least 20 hours of pre-course reading is completed during the weeks before the course starts.
- The first three days comprises the Foundation Stage, i.e. the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2®.
- Day 4 is spent preparing delegates for the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination.
- On the morning of day 5 the delegates write the Practitioner examination.
- A combination of lecturing, group work and self-assessment is applied to enhance individual learning.
- During the course all delegates are expected to carry out additional work after hours.
- Only delegates that have successfully completed the Foundation examination (achieved a 50% pass mark) may write the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination.
- The Practitioner is the second of the two PRINCE2® Examinations. A Delegate is required to pass to become a PRINCE2® Registered Practitioner.
- The Practitioner exam contains 8 questions, each worth 10 marks, totalling 80 marks. There are 6 'theme' questions, each testing one of the 7 themes, and 2 'process group' questions, which will test 2 of the 3 groups of processes identified in the syllabus.
- A Pass mark of 44+ out of 80 (55%) is required to pass the Practitioner course.
Exam Terms and Conditions
- See APMG website - click here to open page
Included in the cost of the full 5 days are:
- joining instructions,
- PRINCE2® manual,
- pre-course preparation booklet,
- Course CD,
- detailed course notes handbook,
- exam fees for both Foundation and Practitioner levels,
- refreshments and lunches.
We recommend that our delegates study for at least
20 hours prior to the course!
Once the event has formally been booked we will send out pre-course material.
*All payments are to be made before the training material will be sent out.