The PRINCE2® Foundation course is a three day course which is very intensive and highly participative. It is delivered by approved PRINCE2® trainers on a time-line basis reflecting the start, middle and end of a typical project. The course content for days one, two and three considers the various elements of PRINCE2® as they occur in a project.
Course DetailsPre-course preparation
- Pre-course reading material is sent to delegates four weeks* prior to the course commencing.
- It is strongly recommended that a minimum of 20 hours of pre-course reading is completed during the lead up to the start of the course.
The 3-day course will review:
- The seven principles of PRINCE2®
- The seven themes of PRINCE2®
- The seven processes of PRINCE2®
- A combination of lecturing, group work and self-assessment will be applied to enhance individual learning.
- During the course all delegates will be expected to carry out approximately 2 hours of evening work.
- Delegates should be confident of passing the examination as the course is geared to teaching the PRINCE2®Methodology and it is this knowledge of PRINCE2® that will be assessed.
- Preparation for the examination includes the use of past examination papers to familiarise participants with the Foundation examination.
- The 1 hour PRINCE2®Foundation examination will take place at the end of the third day of the course.
- The examination comprises of 75 multiple choice type questions.
- It is a ‘closed-book’ examination.
- The minimum required pass mark is 50% (35+ marks).
- The answer sheets are marked by the trainer and issued to the delegates within an hour of completing the examination.
- Delegates who pass the Foundation examination are awarded an international recognised PRINCE2® Foundation certificate.
- It is a prerequisite that a delegate pass the Foundation examination in order to qualify to write the PRINCE2® Practitioner Examination.
Exam Terms and Conditions
- See APMG website - click here to open page
We recommend that our delegates study for at least 20 hours prior to the course!
Once the event has formally been booked and paid we will send out pre-course material.
*All payments are to be made before the training material will be sent out.
Please take note of the following:
The CD explains what the Techniques, Components and Processes are and, contains over 350 Foundation examination questions.
The Pre-course study guide will guide the delegate towards the use of the manual in a structured approach, rather than them thinking they need to read the whole manual before the course!
The cost of the courses is:
- 3 day Foundation course: R9 225.00 + vat 14%
- 2 day Practitioner course: R5 800 + vat 14%
- Combined 5 day course: R15 025 + vat 14%
The course cost includes pre-course reading, all course materials, Foundation and Practitioner examinations as well as, a light breakfast, lunch and refreshments for the duration of the course.